Last Friday I finally got over my sulk about it and thought I’d have a go myself. They’re really quick. Just make sure you have a good non-stick pan to hand.
3/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1 tbs nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp dried dill, parsley
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbs flax meal mixed with 2 tbs water and left for 30 minutes ( or use egg replacer)
1 cup flavourless dairy free milk
1 tbs cider vinegar
3/4 cup corn kernels
salt and pepper
4-6 tbs olive oil for frying.
- Sift the first five dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- When you are ready to make the fritters heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Now using, quick, deft strokes add the wet ingredients (minus the olive oil) and season well.
- Fry the fritters in batches. Dropping a couple of tablespoons of batter in the pan for each fritter. Do not overcrowd the pan. Use 1 tbs of oil for about four fritters.
- After 2-3 minute turn the fritters over and dribble another tablespoon of olive oil around them. GIve them another 2 minutes to brown on the other side.
- Serve immediately. Accompany with a yoghurt dip, tomato sauce or chilli relish.