- Grind the walnuts in a food processor with the pomegranate, sugar, cumin and cinnamon into a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan and sauté the celery for 5 minutes. Add the ginger and dried fruits and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to the food processor with the pomegranate-walnut paste. Blend until smooth. Heat to serve adding a little water, if necessary, to achieve your desired consistency.
3 tbs sunflower oil or ghee
1 stick celery finely diced
1 small green chilli, seeded and minced
2 cups fresh parsley, chopped roughly
1 cups fresh coriander, chopped roughly
1 tsp ground fenugreek
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 dried limes, pierced
2 cups cooked kidney beans
2 cups water
a few threads of saffron soaked in 2 tbs of hot water
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat and sauté the celery for 5 minutes. Add the chilli and fresh herbs and partially covering, braise for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the fenugreek, turmeric, limes and kidney beans and stir for another few minutes, then add the water, saffron-water and season well. Simmer over a low heat, partially covered for another 30-40 minutes.