2cups milk/soya milk
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups polenta
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp salt
5 tbs olive oil
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan stir together all the ingredients and 2 tbs of the olive oil, setting aside the rest for later. Grease a baking sheet or large plate with a little oil.
- Over low heat keep whisking the mixture for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken and becomes completely smooth without any lumps.
- Change to a wooden spoon and stir until the mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- With a greased spatula, transfer to your greased plate or baking sheet and quickly smooth the mixture to a layer approximately 0.5cm thick.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to make your fries, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and cut your polenta into the fries shape of your choice.
- Place on a clean baking sheet and drizzle over the remaining olive oil and gently tossing the fries so as not to break them.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning once or twice to evenly brown the chips. Serve hot.