Potato and Broad Bean Salad
2 tbs Fresh Chopped Parsley
1/2 tsp Salt, generous grinding of fresh Black Pepper
- Put the potatoes on to boil in generous amount of salted water. Alternatively if you have the time, steam them. It’s not traditional, but it preserves the potato nice and firm which is what you want for this salad.
- Place another pan of water on the stove and when it comes to the boil tip in the broad beans. Boil for 10 minutes if large, as little as 3-5 if small enough not to shell.
- After about 20 minutes test the potatoes. You don’t want them overdone. As long as they are cooked, drain and refresh in cold water to stop them cooking further. Then drain again.
- Do the same thing with the broad beans; draining them and refreshing in cold water to keep their colour.
- Place in a large bowl and toss together with the rest of the ingredients. Serve at room temperature.