Try these with tofu scramble or vegan omelette, some beans, tomato relish and tempeh bacon for a breakfast/lunch that will keep you going all day.
Potato Colcannon Brunch Patties
2 large potatoes, cut into quarters
1 cup finely shredded cabbage
1 tbsp olive oil
2 stalks of celery, finely minced
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp chickpea flour
2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes until semi done and refresh under cold water and grate them.
- Boil the cabbage separately for 10 minutes and refresh under cold water.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan and saute the celery until soft, add the herbs, stir and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix the grated potatoes, cabbage, celery and herbs and add the chickpea flour. Divide into balls and form into flattened patties. Lightly oil a plate, place the patties on the plate and chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil in a heavy bottomed saute pan and fry the patties on both side until browned, about 10 minutes.