I’m already asking for another batch!
Sesame Cookies with Maple Glaze (adapted from Julia’s Vegan Kitchen)
Makes about 18 cookies
1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil (canola or we used coconut)
1/4 cup non dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup white all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 200 C / 300 F
- Combine sugar and oil in a large bowl then add the milk and vanilla
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients including sesame seeds and mix well.
- Add the dry contents to the wet and mix well.
- Form the dough into around 18 balls, place on a greased or lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack, then top with the glaze.
- Place the maple syrup in a small saucepan and heat for a few minutes. Add in the other ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon onto the cooled cookies.