OK. It’s become a long sabbatical from this site. I have been posting a lot on other social media, but for those of you that want something more old fashioned, here is a quick cookie recipe. I’ll keep it short as I’m still testing the new wordpress format and already lost two posts today. Good news is, if it works, I’ll be coming around again very soon..
A perfect cookie. Easy and contains tahini. Well. At least for me, this is perfection.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ¼ cup buckwheat flakes
- ¼ cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup or other sweetener
- pinch of cinnamon and salt
- ⅓ cup your choice of jam thinned with a little boiling water
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie tray or use baking parchment or a sheet.
- 2. Grind all the flakes in a food processor and empty into a mixing bowl. Add cinnamon and salt.
- 3. Melt the coconut oil and whisk in the sweetener and tahini until combined.
- 4. pour the liquid into the dry and need into a firm ball and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- 5. break mixture into twelve balls and press down onto your prepared sheet.
- 6. Make an indent in the middle of each ball with your thumb and spoon in a tablespoon of the jam.
- 7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool and firm up before sampling.