|Fresh from the oven, sun dried tomatoes and spinach frittata|
|Vegan frittata with spinach|
1/2 cup chickpea flour (also known as besan flour or gram flour)
1 cup water
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp mustard (mild Dijon is best)
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
Additional fillings of your choice: steamed spinach, sun dried tomatoes, broccoli etc
Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C
- Blend all ingredients except the olive oil into a smooth batter ( a hand blender with a jug works well or just use a whisk).
- If you are adding fillings mix them into the wet batter.
- Pour the olive oil into a 7 x 7in square pan and spread it around the bottom, then place it in the heated oven for two to three minutes, don’t allow it to smoke.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven and quickly pour the batter into the pan, the hot oil will sear the bottom of the mixture.
- Place the pan with the batter back into the oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes, checking after 20. Remove from the heat and serve either warm or room temperature.