Vegan Whoopie Pie
makes 8 cookies, 4 whoopee pies
1 cup plain white flour
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup agave
1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flours and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl or blender, whisk together the rest of the ingredients (except the walnuts and chocolate).
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry using quick, deft strokes, being careful not to over mix. Now briefly stir in the walnuts and chocolate.
- Scoop up about 1/3 cup of dough for each cookie and place on the baking sheet, leaving a 1″ gap between each cookie for it to spread.
- Bake in the middle of your oven for 15 -20 minutes until golden, checking after 15 minutes. Take out and cool on a wire wrack.